Friday 25 February 2011

BIOGRAPHY OF A SOFT BOARD

A www… Stop it! Give me a break! Umm… sorry, I was just shouting at the kids who torture me by poking me everyday with pins! If I were a human, I would have died the very moment, but no such luck! Yeah, yeah, you guessed right. I am actually a poor old soft board.
My life wasn’t as hard as it is now. I used to be very happy with my family. Once I was enjoying a good laugh with my sister… Oh! How I miss her…. She was so lovely…. Well! that laughter stopped abruptly as a bunch of mean guys (hunters) approached and sliced me. The last thing I heard was my sister yelling at them, scornfully. Then gloomy and murky darkness surrounded me…
I don’t know how I survived while passing through the machines which sliced, banged and crashed me as if I was their arched enemy. The second thing I remember is that I was in this vacant school, delivered by a rusty van.I wonder if this school is the same one to which my cousin was also brought to become a blackboard! But I can’t see him anywhere because I am pinned with nails and I can’t even budge! And everyday kids come early in the morning and start poking me. They don’t understand that it hurts… even the big old lady, which leads them! She is so tender and loving with the kids but she doesn’t know I am alive. I am homesick! I want to go back to my mom. I miss her a lot.
I know, I am old enough but I also have feelings…. The pins hurt! These humans say “Kindness is everything,” but they pin this slogan on me! I will die soon.
The last thing I want to say before every piece of foam in me is empty… Care for everyone and everything, even if it’s not a living being.
Oh! Here they come again… ouch!

5 comments: