Friday 15 April 2011

Riddles

1. At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?

*****

2. The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?

*****

3. What has a head, a tail, which is brown, and has no legs?

*****

4. I am always hungry, I must always be fed.

The finger I touch, will soon turn red.

*****

5. I give you a group of three. One is sitting down, and will never get up. The second eats as much as is given to it, yet is always
hungry. The third goes away and never returns.

*****

6. Until I am measured, I am not known.

Yet, how you miss me, when I have flown.

*****

7. I drive men mad for love of me,

Easily beaten, never free.

*****

8. Two in a corner, one in a room.

0 in a house, but one in a shelter. What am I?

*****

9. Kings and queens may cling to power, and the jester’s got his call

But, as you may all discover, the common one outranks them all

*****

10. Say my name and I disappear. What am I?

*****

11. Three brothers share a family sport, a non-stop marathon The oldest one is fat and short and trudges slowly on.

The middle brother is tall and slim and keeps a steady pace.

The youngest runs just like the wind, speeding through the race.

“He’s young in years, we let him run,” the other brothers say,

“Though he’s surely number one, he’s second, in a way”.

Answer:

1. The stars
2. Darkness
3. A penny
4: Fire
5. Stove, fire, smoke
6. Time
7. Gold
8. The letter ‘r’
9. An ace (in a deck of cards)
10. Silence
11. The hands on a clock (hour, minute, second).

No comments:

Post a Comment